Friday, December 10, 2004

I'm back...

I've been a little bit busy lately (and by a 'little bit' I mean 'very'). Sorry about the large gap between posts. But now I'm back. Never fear.

So, I pretty much hate Tygo. I have no reason to believe that my ad campaign there was anything but worthless. I guess that's what happens when you try out new things on the internet. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Tygo does not appear to work.

I still think that it can be profitable to try new things though. Take 7Search.com for example. I'm not entirely sure how new their program is because they don't say on their site. However, the fact that they don't say how new/old they are probably means that they started pretty recently.

I have been quite pleased with my experience at 7Search and recommend their PPC services. They do not, of course, generate as much traffic as Google does, but they do generate traffic. That traffic is also significantly cheaper than it is on Adwords. That's really the only advantage they have over Adwords, but for me that's enough to make it worth my while.

In other news, I am happy to report that my latest site looks like a winner. I have been advertising it with Adwords and 7Search as well as trying to get it into normal search engine results.

I think that getting traffic through natural search results will be the key to success with this site. It is generating enough commissions to stay ahead of my ad spending, but not enough to make me happy. Free traffic would really help my bottom line.

So now we're all back up to speed. I think for my next posts I'll give some more details about 7Search's system (like the stats reporting, bidding and so forth), brainstorm some ideas for free traffic, and let you in on the plans I have to get higher conversion rates out of my new site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home