Wednesday, October 20, 2004

The Beginning

It always seems like the hardest part of writing is getting started. Once I have a few sentences, or a solid paragraph, things start flowing pretty smoothly. There may be some bumps along the way, even some difficult problems, but once I have some direction I can get through it.

I find that internet marketing, or at least profitable internet marketing, follows the same path as writing a paper. It's hard to get started. You need to do research. The first draft is usually crappy and should probably be rewritten (or at least edited thoroughly). On a positive note, it's about as hard (or as easy) as writing a paper. Anyone who knows about their subject can do it.

Better yet, there's never any due date for your marketing success (unless you have payments due...). Unlike a paper that you have to turn in, marketing strategies can always be tweaked, tested, and improved over time. Practice makes better.

That's why most people don't quit their day job to work online until they're already making money. Based on my own experience, I would recommend that course of action. I started getting into the internet money scene this past summer when I was out of school and out of work. I would have starved to death if I hadn't gained a sensible wife who has a real job.

Anyway, the point is that getting started can be difficult, and this blog is here to help. The internet makes tons of things easier, which is good and bad. Good because you now have hope of making money with your own business. Bad because everyone else does too (and that means everyone, even these people).

So be sure to check back soon. I plan on talking about the easiest affiliate marketing strategy there is for the next little while.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home